Make these sleep masks in under an hour for great last-minute gifts. It comes in handy when traveling too, on the plane, train, hotels, anywhere you want to grab a snooze.
What You Need
• Eyeshade pattern (Download File here.)
• 1/4 yd. cotton fabric, prewashed and pressed
• 1/4 yd. coordinating cotton fabric, prewashed and pressed
• 1/2 yd. elastic
• Handful of Poly-fil or lavender
• General sewing supplies
- Using your marking too, trace the eyeshade template over the desired area on both fabric prints, on the Wrong side.
- Cut 1/2 inch from the trace line to make a Front and a Back piece.
- Lay your Front piece Right side up. Place elastic along the center width and pin one end of elastic to the left-hand side with a 1-inch tail beyond the raw edge. Pin the rest of the elastic inside the eyeshade area, avoiding the seam allowance.
- Face the Right sides of the fabrics together and pin.
- Stitch along the trace line, leaving 1 inch on the right-hand side of the eye shade open.
- Press inside the seam line, trim seam to 1/4 inch, and turn Right side out.
- Fill the shade lightly and evenly with your filler and pin opening closed.
- Place eyeshade over your eyes (be careful of the pin!) and measure the elastic around your head. Mark a comfortable point on the elastic.
- Place the loose end of the elastic inside the opening (temporarily moving the pin) and replace the pin at the mark.
- Slipstitch the opening closed and get some sleep.